Search This Blog

Monday 7 July 2014

A visit from my surgeon

Highlight of the day is....

chatting to my gynecologist, the kindest most compassionate surgeon I have ever encountered. He has a manner that refreshes like a cool breeze in a forest clearing, he makes me feel better just by being in the same room (bit ironic really), he is rare, a jewel, a shot of elixir in my veins (or it could be that the drugs haven't worn off yet).

It seems I am popular today, a delicious young doctor who hopes to be a GP when she has finished training comes to take my blood. She hardly makes a mark on my already poor bruised arm, it turns out I'm anemic which pretty much explains the woozy head when I stand up, the extremely low blood pressure and general feeling of being a transparent sheet of tissue paper.

I'm holding out for an egg mayo sandwich on brown, this is what I ticked on the menu sheet yesterday although what you select and what you get is a lottery. 

Oh and I stood up after shuffling on to the edge of the bed, then I sat down again! It is not easy being attached to tubes and bags filled with your own body's fluids.

Result: I get my egg mayo sandwich and a delicious pear! Little things and all that...

Here is my mantra for the day:

Every day I heal more easily and regenerate to become healthy and stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment