Search This Blog

Thursday 10 July 2014

About a Ureter

Until now I hadn't given my 'ureters' a passing thought.....now they are very much in my lexicon....

Ureters are the ducts that allow the flow of urine from the kidneys to the bladder, humans have two, I have a poorly right ureter as it was accidentally cut during surgery to remove my right fallopian tube and ovary. I was told there was some scarring possibly from the previous operation to remove an endometrioma, or caused by the endometriosis, which resulted in these parts of my body being stuck together like glue.

Being a fan of woo-woo and looking at all possible connections as to why this should be an issue for me, I turn to the queen of woo-woo, Louise Hay, who looks at the emotional connections we have with our physical body. Here is what I found:

Damage to ureter:

Fear of relationships / low self image
The bladder is about holding on, held anxiety. Holding on to old ideas. 
Fears of letting go.

Doesn't that pretty much sum up most of us if we live in the real world!

Then I'm told that the bladder asks us to be present. I'm all for that at the moment - what else can I do? I can't even walk to the bathroom without shuffling along and feeling like an old crone.

Oh, and each time new space comes into my life, something happens (what does that mean?) I suppose it means that when you have to sit still or lie still in my case at the moment, you are in a kind of enforced state of mindfulness, you have to listen to your body or it shouts back at you to STOP MOVING.

So here are some affirmations to combat this added challenge to my situation:

"I am strong and powerful and I have the knowledge and ability to handle everything in my life."

"I release all restrictions, and I am free to be me"

"I release the pattern in my consciousness that created this condition. I am willing to change. I love and approve of myself."


No comments:

Post a Comment